Position: Service Manager
Reports to:General Manager
Compensation: $52,000 – $ 85,000 annual salary plus bonus and commission potential of $52,000/year
The Service Manager at Precision Heating and Air is responsible for overseeing and managing the service department to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of HVAC services. The service manager plays key role in creating high-quality service standards and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical support to service technicians on troubleshooting complex HVAC issues as needed, ensuring timely and accurate resolution.
2. Foster a positive customer experience by ensuring service technicians are professional, courteous, and knowledgeable in their interactions with customers.
3. Conduct regular truck inspections to ensure cleanliness, organization, and proper stocking of necessary tools, equipment, and materials. SWAP 3 AND 4.
4. Ensure service technicians complete all required documentation on service calls, including checklists, recording model and serial numbers, and collecting payment.
5. Collaborate with the Operations Manager to recruit additional service technicians as needed to meet business demands and maintain service levels.
6. Coach and mentor service technicians and apprentices to enhance their technical skills, customer service abilities, and professional development.
7. Maintain and update our current price book for service repair items, ensuring accurate and competitive pricing.
8. Monitor and analyze service department performance metrics, such as response time, completion rates, and customer satisfaction, implementing improvements as necessary.
9. Collaborate with the General Manager and other department heads to identify areas for process improvement, cost reduction, and increased efficiency.
10. Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and best practices to ensure compliance and provide guidance to service technicians.
11. Conduct regular performance evaluations (ride alongs) for service technicians, providing constructive feedback, recognition, and additional training opportunities.
12. Address customer escalations and complaints promptly and professionally, working towards swift and satisfactory resolutions.
13. Collaborate with the Sales department to provide technical expertise and support for new equipment installations and upgrades.
14. Ensure compliance with safety regulations and company policies, promoting a culture of safety within the service department.
15. Maintain accurate records and documentation related to service department activities, including service reports, warranties, and customer communications.
16. Perform weekly one-on-one meetings with each Service Technician in the department.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar trade and minimum 5 years management experience or a similar role.
2. Previous experience in HVAC service management or a similar role is required.
3. Strong technical knowledge of HVAC systems, troubleshooting, and repair procedures.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with technicians, customers, and other departments.
5. Proven leadership and team-building abilities, with experience in coaching and mentoring technicians.
6. Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
7. Proficient in using computer systems, software applications, and service management tools.
8. Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Ability to remain calm and composed in high-pressure situations and make sound decisions.
10. Strong customer service mindset and commitment to delivering exceptional service experiences.
11. Flexibility to work occasional evenings, weekends, or holidays as needed.
This job description is a general outline of the responsibilities and qualifications expected in this position. The Service Manager may be required to perform additional duties not listed above as requested by the General Manager or other members of the management team.