Position: Installation Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Compensation: $55,000 – $ 85,000 annual salary plus bonus and commission potential of $26,000/year
The Installation Manager at Precision Heating and Air is responsible for managing the installation department to ensure the efficient and timely completion of HVAC installation projects. The Installation Manager plays a crucial role in maintaining high-quality installation standards and customer loyalty.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage the installation department by assigning crews to jobs based on skills, availability, and workload, ensuring efficient resource allocation.
2. Monitor job progress and ensure installations are completed in a timely manner, adhering to project schedules and customer commitments.
3. Conduct site visits and inspections after each job is completed to verify the quality of workmanship, adherence to specifications, and customer satisfaction.
4. Ensure all paperwork, including warranty information, is filled out correctly and entered into the customer management database accurately and promptly.
5. Handle warranty service calls on installations within the first 30 days.
6. Approve weekly time and pay sheets for installation crews, ensuring accurate recording of hours worked and adherence to company policies.
7. Fill in for a crew leader in their absence to ensure job completion and maintain high workmanship and customer satisfaction standards.
8. Collaborate with the General Manager and other department heads to identify areas for process improvement, cost reduction, and increased efficiency in the installation department.
9. Monitor and analyze installation department performance metrics, such as job completion rates, customer feedback, and warranty claims, implementing improvements as necessary.
10. Address customer escalations and complaints related to installations promptly and professionally, working towards swift and satisfactory resolutions.
11. Collaborate with the Sales department to provide technical expertise and support for new equipment installations and upgrades.
12. Ensure compliance with safety regulations and company policies, promoting a culture of safety within the installation department.
13. Maintain accurate records and documentation related to installation department activities, including job files, warranties, and customer communications.
14. Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and best practices to ensure compliance and provide guidance to installation crews.
15. Provide training and development opportunities to installation crews to enhance their technical skills, safety awareness, and customer service abilities.
16. Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with all Install Department employees.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Minimum 10 years’ experience in the HVAC install department.
2. Minimum of 5 years previous experience in HVAC installation management or a similar role is required.
3. Strong technical knowledge of HVAC systems, installation procedures, and industry standards.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with crews, customers, and other departments.
5. Proven leadership and team-building abilities, with experience in managing and motivating installation crews.
6. Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Proficient in using computer systems, software applications, and customer management databases.
8. Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Ability to remain calm and composed in high-pressure situations and make sound decisions.
10. Strong customer service mindset and commitment to delivering exceptional installation experiences.
11. Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, or holidays as needed.
This job description is a general outline of the responsibilities and qualifications expected in this position. The Installation Manager may be required to perform additional duties not listed above as requested by the General Manager or other members of the management team.